Redwoods Advance conducted a career event called "Career 2012", which was oriented at education, recruitment and training. This four-day career event, held every year in March at Suntec Singapore, had a total number of 2,33,712 visitors. During the event, the company conducted both a visitors’ survey and an exhibitors’ survey.
The Visitors’ Survey details:
- Young visitors outnumbered others
- Visitors of age group ranging 20 - 25 years rated high (46%) in participation
- Most visitors were degree (45%) and diploma holders (29%) and even 'N'& 'O'Levels (10%), 'A' Levels (6%), Masters (5%) and Higher NITEC/ITC/CBS (5%)
- Most participants have worked or are working in finance or Accountancy (10%) field and attended the event looking for better job opportunities (67%) and 27% for educational courses
- The visitors were interested in a variety of courses/jobs
a. Visitors for courses that rated high are:
-Accountancy/ Finance (15%), Casino Management (16%), Event Management (11%)
b. Visitors for jobs that rated high are:
-Accountancy/Finance (14%), Engineering (12%), Business Administration (10%)
Both sects of visitors had these objectives in common -
a. to know more about the job options
b. to take part in recruitment exercises conducted by exhibitors
- Others wanted more information on educational courses
- 72% of the attendees’ felt that their objectives were met significantly
- Majority of the attendees came to know about the event through friends (26%) or event (15%) & job websites (23%).
- 64% of the visitors feel that the event fared better than the previous year’s
- 59% intend to visit the event in the years to come and 36% of the attendees were uncertain about this.
The Exhibitors’ Survey details:
- Most exhibitors, made up of educational/training institutions and employer organisations, had these objectives
a. To conduct student recruitment exercise (49%)
b. To present the career opportunities (30%)
c. Create a public awareness about them (21%)
- Most exhibitors targeted students, graduates/diploma holders or working adults and 72% were partially satisfied that they could meet their targeted audience
- 65% exhibitors were not first timers to the Redwoods Advance's Career Exhibition
- Compared to previous years and other exhibitions, 62% felt that this time the event went good
- 79% were partially satisfied with the participation they had this time.
- 63% have made plans to take part in the Exhibition organised by Redwoods Advance Pte. Ltd. in the coming years.